Sunday, November 9, 2008

Malaysia's International Bandwidth

Couple days ago Telegeography has reported that "TM (Telekom Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.) set to increase backbone internet capacity". By quoting COO of TM Global (a subsidiary of TM) Rozaimy Rahman, it was said that till the end of this year TM will have 100 Gbps capacity. This will further be increased by 30% to 130 Gbps in 2009 to accomodate demand for online services.

TM is surely not the only player in the business, but it of course the major player. TdC is another player but since some times ago also controlled by TM. How about Global Transit ? How about other players (if any) ? Any advise is welcome :-D

2 comments:

Tutut Dwitoto said...

I think Maxis is Ok too.

www.airzed.com.my
www.arc.net.my
www.atlasone.net
www.bizsurf.com
www.celcom.com.my
www.digi.com.my
www.gissb.com
www.jaring.my
www.maxis.com.my
www.nasioncom.com.my
www.putra.net.my
www.time.net.my
http://isp.tm.net.my/
www.zapzone.com.my

Unknown said...

Telekom Malaysia Berhad(not TM International) is the only and sole player in Malaysia for fix line (especially). The rest (like Maxis) in their market share of fix line/ landline is just contribute a small portion in Malaysia. The other giant players were in mobile or wimax operators as mentioned by Meneer Tutut.

Soft-Brain is now Harewos.Telecom !

Please visit my new 'home' : Harewos.Telecom

Google It!

Creative Commons License. August 2008